Add live streaming to the internet to your video production setup using the Web Presenter 4K from Blackmagic Design. The Web Presenter 4K is a compact desktop device that allows you to connect any SDI video input and stream it live onto the Internet, using Ethernet or tethering via USB to your smartphone using a 5G or 4G connection. The SDI and HDMI monitor outputs allow you to see a wide range of live status information along with your broadcast.
The USB Type-C port allows you to connect any USB video source such as a webcam or computer, so it’s capable of broadcasting 4K video and audio on any webcam-compatible platform and software such as Skype, YouTube Live, Facebook Live, Twitch, Periscope, Teams, and more on Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS systems. It supports the H.264 codec and streams via RTMP and can stream in resolutions up to UHD 4K.
The SDI and HDMI monitor ports provide detailed status information on your feed, so you can monitor whether you are ON AIR as well as input status such as bit depth and stream quality, embedded audio input status, video and audio history, trend graphs, and video and audio meters. You can also see basic status information on the bright LCD screen on the front of the unit. There is also an SDI loop output for monitoring the original feed and sending it to a switcher or router.
The compact form factor allows you to fit it right into your broadcast setup, and it is compatible with optional rack shelfs in case you want to install it in a 1 RU rack. Its dual AC/DC redundant power input is handy in case you lose mains power and you can utilize the 4-pin XLR input for DC power. The Web Presenter 4K is also compatible with the Blackmagic ATEM Streaming Bridge to decode the streams back into HDMI or SDI signals for additional routing options.
- Input any SDI Signal
- The Web Presenter allows you to input any 12G/6G/3G/HD-SDI video source up to UHD 4K.
- 4K Output
- The program and USB Type-C outputs supports UHD 4K video. The unit will downconvert 4K video if you are streaming in HD. When streaming 4K, it will pass 4K video as well as upscale HD to 4K video.
- Live Streaming Options
- You can stream H.264 video via RTMP streaming protocols to the internet via Ethernet or tether a 5G or 4G phone to use mobile data.
- USB Source as Webcam
- The built-in USB Type-C input works like a webcam, so you can connect a computer and use any streaming software, or even Skype or Zoom. Stream in 4K over the USB Type-C connector, if your software supports 4K).
- Monitor Outputs
- SDI and HDMI monitor outputs allow you to see the input video as well as display accurate audio levels, on air status, data rate, and cache levels.
- Feature-Rich Program Status
- The graphics-based monitoring output includes a video view, audio meters with accurate ballistics, trend graphs for codec data rates, and cache fill, plus a summary of the streaming settings and detailed SDI technical information.
- Streaming Status
- There’s a very-large ON AIR indicator on the top left of the monitor output, so it’s always clear when you are online and streaming. Plus all your current streaming settings are displayed clearly.
- Video Input Status
- The SDI input technical details are displayed, such as video standard and ancillary data. The bit activity indicators let you see the quality and bit depth of video before H.264 encoding.
- Audio Input Status
- Audio is de-embedded from the SDI input and the channel status is displayed. The bit activity indicator lets you check for 16-, 20-, or 24-bit audio. You can even see which audio channels are present.
- Video and Audio History
- The audio and video technical displays also include a 6-second history display, so you can see the recent video input history. This ensures you can instantly see what’s been happening.
- Trend Graphs
- The trend graphs below the video display let you see the last 60 seconds of codec data rate and cache fill. Plus, codec data rate is critical for ensuring you have enough internet speed from your ISP.
- Video and Audio Meters
- A large area is dedicated to the video input display, and the large multi-segment audio meter with accurate ballistics. You can even change the type of audio meter from VU, PPM, and more.